Associate Director (Modelling and Impact)
Public First is a specialist consultancy, helping charities, philanthropists, public sector bodies and global brands improve public policy. Based in London, we have worked in more than thirty international markets. We are part think tank, part strategic consultancy, part polling company, and part communications agency. In other words, we bring together the different disciplines that make policy happen and work.
Our recent projects have included helping:
- Google quantify their economic and social impact in over 20 countries across Europe, the Middle East and North America
- the Zero Carbon Commission understand the impact of a uniform carbon price
- the SMMT look at the opportunities and risks from the transition to electric cars
We take an analytical approach to research, deploying economic modelling, data analysis, and opinion research to shape effective policy, create strategy and deliver communications with impact. We work with some of the world’s leading organisations on topics including tech, climate change, Industrial Strategy and education.
We are currently looking to recruit a new Associate Director, to help build and scale our Modelling and Impact practice.
In this role, you would:
- lead on the design, implementation and write up on new economic modelling projects
- work to build our wider data practice, and support our work in impact measurement, policy design, polling and opinion research
- help bring in new clients and projects for the team
The right candidate will have:
- Extensive experience with quantitative research (eg input-output modelling, contingent valuation etc)
- Strong written communication skills
- Demonstrated interest in public policy
- Experience with client engagement and project management
Associate Director starting salaries will typically start from £50,000-£70,000, with considerable flexibility depending on previous experience and skill.
How to Apply
We value diversity and encourage applications from all groups. In normal times, we work in a mix of in the office and at home. Many of us, including the founders, have young children and we work hard to be family friendly. Given universities, colleges and local government bodies are all across the country, we are also open to discussions about job holders being permanently based in another area of the country. International travel and work would be possible for future projects.
This application will involve a short test prior to the interview which should take no longer than three hours. We will be interviewing on an ongoing basis, and looking for the successful candidate to start in the next couple of months.
To apply, please fill in the form here.