Public First is a specialist consultancy, helping charities, philanthropists, public sector bodies and global brands improve public policy. Based in London, we have worked in more than thirty international markets. We are part think tank, part strategic consultancy, part polling company, and part communications agency. In other words, we bring together the different disciplines that make policy happen and work.
Our recent projects have included helping:
- Google quantify their economic and social impact in over 20 countries across Europe, the Middle East and North America
- the Zero Carbon Commission understand the impact of a uniform carbon price
- the SMMT look at the opportunities and risks from the transition to electric cars
We take an analytical approach to research, deploying economic modelling, data analysis, and opinion research to shape effective policy, create strategy and deliver communications with impact. We work with some of the world’s leading organisations on topics including tech, climate change, Industrial Strategy and education.
In this role, you will work with the wider team to build models to analyse the economic and social impact of our clients, the costs and benefits of new policy ideas, and public attitudes and polling data.
The right candidate will have:
- Strong proficiency in Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Creativity and the ability to develop new modelling strategies
- The ability to rapidly learn and self-develop with tools such as R, Tableau etc
- Demonstrated interest in policy issues or quantitative research
Also desirable would be:
- Existing experience with R
- Significant past experience in quantitative modelling or a STEM postgraduate degree
- Demonstrated interest in opinion research
- Strong written communication skills
The starting salary for this role is £25,000 to £40,000, depending on experience.
How to Apply
We value diversity and encourage applications from all groups. We all work a mix of in the office and at home, with most people working in our office in central London two days a week. Many of us, including the founders, have young children and we work hard to be family friendly. Given universities, colleges and local government bodies are all across the country, we are also open to discussions about job holders being permanently based in another area of the country. International travel and work would be possible for future projects.
This application will involve a short test prior to the interview which should take no longer than three hours. We will be interviewing on an ongoing basis, and looking for the successful candidate to start in the next couple of months.
To apply, please fill in the form here.