Public First is hiring: Data Analyst
Public First helps organisations change public policy, shape the wider debate and better understand public opinion. Our recent projects have included helping:
- Google quantify their economic and social impact in over 20 countries across Europe, the Middle East and North America;
- Universities such as the University of Nottingham better understand the impact of their local spend, research and teaching;
- The Zero Carbon Commission understand the impact of a uniform carbon price;
We take an analytical approach to research, deploying economic modelling, data analysis, and opinion research to shape effective policy, create strategy and deliver communications with impact. We work with some of the world’s leading organisations on topics including tech, climate change, Industrial Strategy and education.
This is an exciting opportunity to help in the development of our quantitative research practice. The successful candidate will be part of our growing data team, helping us to deliver robust quantitative research on projects across sectors. As part of the data team you will:
- work with our research team to develop new policy proposals that can solve today’s challenges;
- build our impact measurement practice, exploring how we can better benchmark the wider impact of different organisations;
- support our polling and opinion research practice, helping to scale-up the practice, and responding to requests from other teams for data visualisation;
The right candidate will have:
- Strong proficiency in Excel and/or Google Sheets;
- Creativity and the ability to develop new modelling strategies;
- The ability to rapidly learn and self-develop with tools such as R, Tableau, etc.;
- Demonstrated interest in policy issues or quantitative research.
Also desirable would be:
- Existing experience with R;
- Significant past experience in quantitative modelling or a STEM postgraduate degree;
- Demonstrated interest in opinion research;
- Strong written communication skills;
The position is a full-time role. We are usually based out of central London, but are currently working remotely – and happy to consider this long term for the right candidate. The starting salary for this role is £25,000 to £35,000, depending on experience. We particularly welcome applications from black and minority ethnic candidates, and other under-represented groups.
This application will involve a short test prior to the interview which should take no longer than an hour. We will be interviewing on an ongoing basis, and looking for the successful candidate to start in June.
To apply, please email your answer to one of the questions below to email@example.com. Please do not include a CV or Cover Letter at this stage.
Successful applicants will be asked to provide additional information.
Please follow this link to view the test.