Public First is Hiring
Public First is looking for a Research Analyst to get involved in our innovative and growing opinion research team. Led by a group of former Government policy and communications advisers, and former politicians and journalists, Public First specialises in policy, communications and opinion research for clients in Government, the media, the public sector, charities, think tanks and global brands in the commercial world. Opinion research is at the heart of everything we do.
The successful candidate will be involved in the design, management and analysis of a range of Quantitative and Qualitative work – and, crucially, in helping the firm to develop new research methods that help us to answer the complex policy questions that we seek to understand. Culturally, we are similar to a think tank and we strive for a rigorous, academic approach to all of our work and we are obsessed with trying to innovate in those fields we work in.
We are particularly interested in candidates who display an understanding of the current state of opinion research in the UK, and are eager to get involved in developing and utilising experimental techniques in this sector to move this forward. The successful candidate will work with our in-house behavioural psychologist, economists and individuals from the wider academic community to generate new insight into how to better understand what people think.
We pride ourselves on welcoming people from a range of backgrounds and with a mix of political opinions. You would be working in a lively office, getting involved in all stages of our projects – and you would be strongly encouraged to help shape the company’s approach to opinion research. This is a full-time role based in our offices in Westminster. This application will involve a short test prior to interview which should not take longer than two hours, and can be completed remotely.
- Competitive salary, dependent on experience
- Potential for rapid progression, and involvement in the development and direction of projects at the company
- Helping the company to develop innovative new methods of research and analysis.
- Helping design and manage research projects and questionnaires
- Analysing data / poll results
- Helping develop clear narrative from the results of research
- Assisting in the day-to-day running of Opinion Research projects, particularly online polls
What is essential to have
- Excellent written communication
- At least a high 2.1 in a relevant degree
- Some experience with statistical analysis software, particularly R
- Knowledge of statistical methods: regression, factor analysis, significance testing
- Experienced with Excel
- A proven interest in new methods of research and analysis.
What would be helpful
- Some experience of running primary research projects: experimental design, questionnaire design
- An interest in and understanding of UK Politics and Public Opinion, and an understanding of political polling methodology
To apply, please send a CV with a covering letter about why you would like to work at Public First and outlining you expertise. This should be sent to email@example.com